Getting to know each other.
1. Tell the group your favorite joke.
2. When was the last time you got in a heated debate?
Getting into the Bible. Acts 14
1. What were the reactions to the preaching of the gospel in verses 1-7?
2. How did Paul and Barnabas react when the heat was turned up?
3. What was the setting in which the lame man was healed while Paul was preaching in Lystra?
4. How did Paul respond when he became the center of attention?
5. What happened to Paul in verses 19-20. Compare this with 2 Corinthians 12:1-6.
6. What were the 8 things mentioned in verses 21-28 as Paul ad Barnabas ended their first missionary journey.
7. How many references do you see in this chapter about “preaching the word?”
Connecting the message to life.
1. What are some of the ways you react to people when they disagree strongly with you?
2. What does it mean to turn away from useless things and turn to the living God?
3. How can we guard against becoming legalistic in our expectations of other believers?
4. What are some of the ways we would like for someone to encourage us in our walk with the Lord?
5. What can I do to strengthen and encourage the believers around me?
6. What part am I playing in the Great Commission?
7. The chapter ends with Paul and Barnabas reporting to the Church all that God had done with them. What is God doing with you today?