Getting to know each other.
1. Who has been the person in your life that has influenced you the most? Why?
2. What pleasant thought has brought a smile to your face this week?
Getting into the Bible. Acts 17:1-15
1. What are the four cities mentioned in the text, and what do you know about them?
2. What was Paul’s custom when he entered a new city?
3. What three words describe how Paul used the Scriptures?
4. What charges did the crowd bring against Jason and the other believers?
5. What caused the Bereans to be more fair-minded?
6. What persuaded the people in both Thessalonica and Berea to become believers?
7. How did Paul get “direction” that it was time to move on to the next city?
Connecting the message to life.
1. What is your “custom” when it comes to being around believers at church?
2. When was the last time you dialogued about the Bible with an unbeliever?
3. How can people hear the same message from the same preacher and have completely different reactions?
4. In what ways does being a committed follower of Jesus “turn the world upside down?”
5. How are some of the ways that you can be “fair-minded” about the Scriptures?
6. How important, and powerful, is God’s word in your life? Explain.
7. What opportunities do you have to share the Gospel to the people you are in contact with? Explain.