Getting to know each other.
1. What are some of the things that you are thankful for?
2. What positive way have you encouraged someone this week?
Getting into the Bible. Acts 18:1-17
1. What do you know about the city of Corinth, and Paul’s ministry there?
2. Paul wrote the letter to the Romans from the city of Corinth. What does Romans 1:22-32 tell us about what Paul was seeing in Corinth?
3. Who joined Paul in verses 4-5, and what was their message when they arrived?
(cf. 1 Thessalonians 3:6-10).
4. What caused Paul to turn to the Gentiles?
5. Describe the opposition against Paul in verses 6-8.
6. What was Paul’s frame of mind (see verses 9-11, and 1 Corinthians 2), and how did God encourage him
7. What was the focus of Paul’s ministry in Corinth (v.4, 11)?
Connecting the message to life.
1. How important are developing relationships with the people that we work with and live around (v.1-3)?
2. How does a person “reason” from the Scriptures?
3. In what ways can your faith be an encouragement to the people around you?
4. What is your heart for the people around you that are lost? Does that move you to do anything about it?
5. How are you encouraged when you feel afraid and alone?
6. Describe your quiet time this week? Share a gem that God has show you?
7. What are some ways you can share this week with someone who does not know the Lord?