Getting to know each other.
1. When was the last time you laughed so hard that it brought tears to your eyes?
2. What is your favorite song?
Getting into the Bible. Acts 20.
1. Describe Paul’s trip from Ephesus to Troas, and list the people that accompanied him.
2. What day of the week did the believers get together, and for what purpose were they gathered?
3. What are some of the lessons we can learn from Eutychus?
4. Find the places that Paul visited from Troas to his arrival at Miletus.
5. What 5 things did Paul mention about his past in verses 18-21?
6. What 2 things did Paul preach to both the Jews and Gentiles in verse 21?
7. What 3 things did Paul say about his future in verses 22-24?
Connecting the message to life.
1. Paul spent 3 months visiting the churches and encouraging them. What are some of the ways we can encourage one another? What are some of the ways that you like to be encouraged?
2. Paul’s trip to Philippi took 5 days in verse 6, and and only 1 day in Acts 16:11. How do you handle unexpected delays and setbacks?
3. What are some of the ways we begin to slip and lose our zeal and excitement?
4. What doe it mean to serve the Lord with all humility? Give some practical examples.
5. How do you handle an uncertain future?
6. What are some of the ways that we can finish our race with joy?
7. In what ways are you testifying to those around you about the gospel of grace?